RETURN TO THE ICE AND START OF WINTER PROGRAMS
posted Feb 4, 2022, 12:49 PM
Updated: February 4th, 2022
We are thrilled to announce that we will be returning to the ice and starting our Winter Programs on Monday, January 31st! As we endeavour to keep everyone safe, the below protocols are critical, and we ask that you read them carefully.
PreCanSkate / CanSkate
At the beginning of the session some PreCanSkaters/CanSkater will be learning to stand up and become independent on the ice. There will be Skate Canada coaches on the ice teaching your children how to skate. The PreCanSkate program teaches skaters how to get up when they have fallen, how to balance over the blades, how to march on the spot, how to jump on the spot, how to take steps forwards and eventually learn to glide. It is a very successful Skate Canada program.
There will be some skate assists and the coaches will assist the skaters as necessary. Your skater's safety is always topmost in our minds.
The coaches will communicate with you directly if there is any cause for concern with your skater.
For All Skaters (Including StarSkate)
We are asking that all skaters and their family utilize the Ontario Schools COVID screening prior to coming to the arena. The screening tool can be found here: COVID Screening Tool.
Things to remember on your first day:
- Please arrive 15 to 20 minutes early to ensure adequate time for Covid-19 Screening. Anyone entering the arena over 12 years of age will be required to provide Proof of Vaccination (2 doses plus 14 days) accompanied by identification. Please refer to the City of Mississauga COVID-19 Arena Protocols
- ONLY one parent is permitted to bring skaters to the designated line up area at ice level before proceeding upstairs to the designated viewing area.
- If possible, please bring your Skater fully dressed and ready to go as limited space is available in the arena for putting on skates. Access to dressing rooms will be extremely limited and 2 meters social distancing space must be maintained between families
- Medical grade masks must be worn at all times inside the arena by all in attendance, including Skaters. Please be advised non-compliance may result in removal from Port Credit Memorial Arena and Port Credit Skating Club Programs
- Mittens or gloves must be worn by all Skaters; the club does not have spares should they be lost or forgotten
- CSA Approved helmets are mandatory (no bicycle or ski helmets will be permitted) for PreCanSkate and CanSkate
- Skate Guards are necessary for the off-ice areas, for safety and to protect the blades. (Skate Guards can be purchased at Canadian Tire or Bert’s Sports & Custom Teamwear on Hurontario)
- All PreCanSkate and CanSkaters must wear their Name Badge, which will be distributed on the first day. If lost, there will be a replacement fee of $5.00
We thank you for your help in keeping everyone safe and look forward to seeing you on the ice.
The Port Credit Skating Club Board