Star 6 to Gold Assessment (StarSkate) Information
- The STAR 6-GOLD program offers opportunities for skaters to develop basic skating skills in three different areas: Freeskate, Dance, Skills.
- As a skater masters each level, they will be assessed by their coach or Evaluator during scheduled Assessment Days.
- Each skater will progress at his/her own pace, and will have immediate access to assessment when ready for advancement.
- Coaches will notify the skater of the upcoming session on which your skater will be assessed.
- All assessments have a Skate Canada fee which must be paid prior to the assessment. If a skater is not successful in passing their assessment, the assessment fee will need to be paid again in order to retry the assessment.
General Information for Assessment Days:
- Assessment fees are to be paid online on the Port Credit Skating Club website, and the receipt presented to the Assessment Day Chair at the arena prior to proceeding with the assessment. Assessment fees are $20 per assessment taken. If more that one assessment is to be taken, the correct number of Assessment Day Fees must be purchased.
- Assessment days are scheduled based on the guidelines published by Skate Canada, however, each evaluator works at his/her own pace. Please arrive at the arena 45-60 minutes ahead of the skater's scheduled assessment time. Assessment days can run 30 minutes ahead of schedule. Skaters must be prepared to skate 45 minutes earlier than the scheduled time.
- Coaches submit skater's names and assessments to be tried to the Assessment Chair. Please verify assessments with the coach.
- The assessment schedule will be posted soon after the final submission date.
- Skaters may only be assessed if their account is in good standing and they do not have any outstanding fees. Please log into your account to verify that your account is in good standing PRIOR to the Assessment Day. If there are any pending payments, please pay them promptly.
- If an assessment is missed due to illness, a doctor’s certificate must be submitted (within 1 week) to the Assessment Chair. Should a skater fail to try an assessment, the assessment fee is still payable and the assessment will be submitted as a Retry.
- A skater who's Home Club is not Port Credit SC must obtain permission from their Home Club to complete the assessment on the Club Assessment Day in accordance with Skate Canada rules.
- It is the skater’s responsibility to keep all his/her assessment sheets.
- All skaters are expected to provide an equipment compatible version of their program music for sessions and assessment days.
- Music must be handed in promptly upon arriving at the arena on assessment days. The volunteer playing the music will not search it out.
- If a skater is using a dance selection other than the Skate Canada or ISU dance music, it must be provided to the Assessment Chair prior to Assessment day.
- All skaters and coaches are responsible for ensuring the Assessment Chair and the music volunteer on Assessment day are aware, in advance, which selections are to be played for each dance.
StarSkate Assessment Day Fee
***The skater's name should be entered for each Assessment day fee purchased***
Non-Registered Skaters (not registered for a PCSC program)
If a non-Club skater would like to complete an Assessment at PCSC, approval must first be obtained from their coach. The coach should then contact PCSC at email@example.com to schedule the skater for the assessment. The fee for a Non-Club Skater is $50 per assessment taken. If more that one assessment is to be taken, the correct number of Assessment Day Fees must be purchased. Assessment fees are to be paid online on the Port Credit Skating Club website, and the receipt must be presented to the Assessment Day Chair at the arena prior to proceeding to assessment.