THE PORT CREDIT SKATING CLUB is not responsible for any injury or loss of property sustained by skaters while participating in Club activities. Young skaters and other children should not be left unattended while at the Arena. Valuables should not be left in the dressing rooms.
THE BOARD reserves the right to change ice times or programs, and to pre-empt ice time for test days and for skater development programs. Safety to the skater is the Club’s prime concern, and in order to address this philosophy, the Board reserves the right to assess each skater’s qualifications, in order to place him/her in the appropriate program.
Skaters are not permitted on the ice without a coach or board member present at the boards or on the ice.
Make-up sessions are not factored into the session fees. A skater cannot skate another day to make-up for a missed session.
Any non-PCSC skater must hold a current registration with Skate Canada.
- The parent is a member of PCSC with full voting rights from the date of registration until August 31 of the current skating season.
- Skaters 18 yrs of age and over hold their own voting rights.
- The term "parent" refers to parents and guardians of skaters.
- For Pre-Can, CanSkate, and JD skaters, please ensure that each skater has a responsible person present in the arena during all sessions.
- Parents and their skaters will follow the Club’s Ice Courtesy Rules or they will be asked to leave the ice rink.
PCSC uses its website and email to communicate important information to its parent members. It is the responsibility of each member to ensure that the club has the correct email on file and to regularly check the website and email for updates. Members may update their email subscription preferences at any time by logging in to their profile and updating their preferences under ‘My Account’, ‘My Message Lists’ and clicking the ‘Update’ button. If a member chooses to opt out of electronic communications from PCSC, they acknowledge that they may not receive important communications regarding club activities and notices regarding program information.
Members will not be contacted by other means unless there is an emergency.
- Qualifications for sessions are as of August 30, 2017. You may be asked to submit a copy of your test sheet to verify qualifications for tests passed during the summer and off season tests.
- Skate Canada registration date is from September 1, 2017 to August 31, 2018.
Please see session description for session rates. All prices displayed on this website are in Canadian dollars (CAD).
- Skate Canada registration, PCSC administration and insurance fee of $70.00 is required for all skaters.
- Non-residents of Mississauga must pay an additional non-resident fee of $62.00 which is remitted by PCSC to the City. This fee is not automatically applied and will be added to your account and must be paid promptly.
- Fundraising is essential for the function of our club as skating fees do not cover the full cost of the ice and the programs. Fundraising allows us to keep the programs affordable for everyone. For this reason a mandatory fundraising fee is applied at the time of registration. Fundraising fee is prorated January 1st, 2018 and February 10th, 2018.
- Two options are available, $60 buy-out or pay $60+$30 for chocolate option. Simply sell your chocolates and recoup your fundraising fees.
- Non-home club members must notify PCSC of home-club status and will be reimbursed the Skate Canada fee but must pay the PCSC Admin fee plus fundraising fee.
- Affiliate memberships are available to skaters wishing to retain PCSC as their home club at $70.00.
Payments can be made on our website as follows:
Payments are to be made by credit card only.
Upon registration: 50% of session fees plus the $70.00 Skate Canada/Club Admin fee plus the fundraising fee ($60 or $90) are due upon registration (plus non-resident fee if applicable)
November 30, 2017 final payment of remaining 50% of session fees.
Upon registration: Full session fees plus the $70.00 Skate Canada/Club Admin fee plus the fundraising fee ($45) are due upon registration (plus non-resident fee if applicable)
Upon registration: Full session fees plus the $70.00 Skate Canada/Club Admin fee are due upon registration (plus non-resident fee if applicable)
Skating privileges will be withdrawn for non-payment of fees. No refund will be considered without a medical certificate after Sept. 5, 2017 for Junior Development to Competitive. No refund will be issued after September 24, 2017 for Pre-CanSkate & CanSkate.
Refunds prior to September 6, 2017 and September 24, 2017 are subject to a $70.00 administration fee.