Learn to Figure Skate
- Skater must be self sufficient and able to get up on their own without assistance, skate forwards and backwards.
- Parents or an assigned guardian must remain in the building for the duration of the program.
What will you learn?
- This fun and exciting program is for all skaters wanting to learn and pursue Figure Skating.
- The fundamentals and proper technique used by figure skaters.
- Skaters will learn how to use their knees, the difference between different edges, proper posture and will emerge with strong fundamentals paving the way to a bright future in figure skating!
What can you expect?
- Action, movement and fun!
- Lessons are given in a group format with a very low coach-to-skater ratio and fully coached by our Skate Canada certified coaches.
- Skaters will progress at their own pace at an entry-level.
- Clear communication from our NCCP Certified coaches as to how your skater is progressing and what the next steps are for your skater when they are ready to progress to the next level of our StarSkate program.
- Figure skates are mandatory
- CSA approved helmet
- Skate guards
- Proper athletic wear
- A mask is highly recommended