Note: This is an invitation only program.
- This program is for Canskaters with the skills and drive to train to be a Figure Skater.
- These skaters are entering the Train to Figure Skate phase.
What to expect?
- This program is a two day per week session on Mondays and Wednesday plus a mandatory Off-Ice Session on either Monday or Wednesday following the on-ice session.
- This session offers skaters an environment that is fully coached in a small group
- These lessons are focused on jumps, spins, edges and power
- This program will focus on developing skills and techniques at a faster, more focused rate
- The skaters will train and learn to understand the techniques being taught to them and demonstrate their understanding on and off the ice
- Off Ice training offers dynamic warm ups, stretching and flexibility, co-ordination and jump techniques all done on dry land in running shoes. It is highly important at all levels of training and should be started at an early age.
- Figure skates are mandatory
- A CSA Approved helmet until CanSkate Badge 5 is achieved
- Gloves/ Mittens
- A Mask is highly recommended