Star 1-5 testing
In the recent years Skate Canada introduced a new evaluation system. What was formerly known as “Preliminary” and “Junior Bronze” in Freeskate (elements and program) and skills and dances (Dutch, Canasta, Baby Blues, Swing, Fiesta and Willow) will be spread in five levels: STAR 1 – 5.
- The STAR 1-5 program offers opportunities for skaters to develop basic skating skills in three different areas: Freeskate, Dance, Skills.
- The STAR 1-5 program has five levels of assessment for skaters which align with the STAR 1-5 events at competitions.
- As your skater masters each level they will be assessed by their coach during a regular session.
- Each child will progress at his/her own pace, and will have immediate access to assessment when ready for advancement.
- Coaches will notify you of the upcoming session on which your skater will be assessed. The only exception to this may be some STAR 5 assessments that require clear ice.
- All assessments have a Skate Canada fee which must be paid prior to the assessment. If a skater is not successful in passing their assessment, the test fee will need to be paid again in order to retry the test.
Paying for Star 1-5 Assessment Fee
Star 1-5 Assessment Fee: $13 per test online only.
Purchase your fee below.
Print your invoice and present to your coach as proof of payment for your assessment.
|Star 1-5 Assessment fee|