Test Days 2017-2018 (Senior Bronze and up)
October 26, 2017 - High, Intermediate, Low -- Cancelled
December 12, 2017 - High, Intermediate, Low
March 1, 2018 - High, Intermediate, Low
May 17th (tentative) * Date has been changed to Tuesday May 15th.
Spring Session - June 28th, 2018 (test day fee for non registered skaters $50)
Summer Session - July 24th, 2018 (details re fees to follow)
*please see the Spring and Summer 2018 test days tab for further information
General information for test days:
- **NEW** Test fees are to be paid online, on the Port Credit Skating Club website, and the receipt presented to the Test Day Chair at the arena prior to proceeding to test. Test fees are $20 per test taken. If more that one test is to be taken, the correct number of Test Day Fees must be purchased. You may purchase your test fees at the bottom of this page.
- Test days are scheduled based on the guidelines published by Skate Canada, however, each evaluator works at his/her own pace. Please arrive at the arena 45-60 minutes ahead of your scheduled test time. Test days can run 30 minutes ahead of schedule. Skaters must be prepared to skate 45 minutes earlier than the scheduled time.
- Coaches submit skater's names and tests to be tried to the Test Chair. Please verify tests with your coach.
- The test schedule will be posted soon after the final submission date.
- Skaters may only test if their account is in good standing and they do not have outstanding fees. Please log into your account to verify that your account is in good standing PRIOR to the test day, if there are any pending payments, please pay them promptly.
- If a test is missed due to illness, a doctor’s certificate must be submitted (within 1 week) to the Test Chair. Should a skater fail to try a test, the test fee is still payable and the test will be submitted as a Retry.
- A skater who's Home Club is not Port Credit SC must obtain permission from their Home Club to test on Club test days in accordance with Skate Canada rules.
- It is the skater’s responsibility to keep all his/her test sheets.
- All skaters are expected to provide an equipment compatible version of their program music for sessions and test days.
- Music must be handed in promptly upon arriving at the arena on test days. The volunteer playing the music will not search it out.
- If a skater is using a dance selection other than the Skate Canada or ISU dance music, it must be provided to the Test Chair prior to test day.
- All skaters and coaches are responsible for ensuring the Test Chair and the music volunteer on test day are aware, in advance, which selections are to be played for each dance.
StarSkate Test Day Fee