The PORT CREDIT SKATING CLUB (“PCSC”, “Club”) is not responsible for loss or damage of property, or injuries sustained by skaters while participating in Club activities.
October 2020 -- COVID-19 Protocols may overrule some of the following general Club policies.
All COVID-19 Protocols (link) must be followed in addition to the Port Credit SC Policies.
The Code of Conduct/Ice Courtesy (link) policy applies to everyone. Violations to the PCSC code of conduct will not be tolerated
The PCSC abides by the Skate Canada Code of Ethics, as well as their Safe Sport (including harassment, bullying, discrimination, helmet use and concussion) policies. (link)
The Board of Directors (“the Board”) reserves the right to change ice times or programs and to pre-empt ice time for test days and for skater development programs.
The Board reserves the right to assess each skater’s qualifications in order to place him/her in the appropriate program.
PreCanSkate, CanSkate and Adult CanSkate participants must wear mittens and a CSA approved hockey helmet, regardless of age, until they have passed level 5. Skaters will be asked to leave the ice if they are not wearing approved helmet and mittens. No stickers are permitted on the helmet in compliance with safety standards.
Skaters registering for programs at PCSC will be registered as members of Skate Canada for the current skating season (September 1 to August 31). Skate Canada membership includes insurance coverage and access to all Skate Canada programs. PCSC provides skaters’ information, including name, address and birth date to Skate Canada for membership purposes only. We do not share this information with any third party.
- Any skater whose home club is not PCSC must hold current registration with Skate Canada. The Skate Canada number must be provided when creating the “participant” account on the PCSC website. Please ensure that all information provided when creating the account is accurate (skater name, date of birth and Skate Canada number). A Skate Canada Duplication Registration Administration Fee will be charged due to member error in creating skater profile.
- Oneparent is a member of PCSC with full voting rights from the date of registration until August 31 of the current skating season.
- Skaters 18 yrs of age and over hold their own voting rights.
- The term "parent" refers to parents and/or guardians of the skater(s).
- A skater under the age of 12 must have a responsible adult present at the arena (either inside the facility or within the vicinity (<2 km) of the facility) during all sessions. Responsible adult must be reachable at all times (in person or by cell phone) while the skater is in the facility.
PCSC uses its website homepage and email to communicate with members. It is the responsibility of the member to ensure the email address on their account is current. Members may update their email subscription preferences at any time by logging into their profile under ‘My Account’, ‘My Message Lists’ and clicking the ‘Update’ button. If a member chooses to opt out of electronic communications from PCSC, they acknowledge that they may not receive important communications regarding club activities and notices regarding the program information.
- Members will not be contacted by other means unless there is an emergency.
- Qualifications for sessions are as of August 31, 2020. You may be asked to submit a copy of your test sheet to verify qualifications for tests passed during the summer and off-season tests.
- Due to COVID-19 restrictions, a limited number of ‘drop-in’ registrations will be permitted for each program session.
- The Club will advise members when regular guest skating will resume.
If it becomes necessary to change the session on which a skater is registered, please contact the registrar at: email@example.com.Changes are subject to availability.
- One session change per skating program will be permitted at no charge.
- Additional session changes will incur the Change Session Fee.
- The difference in program fees must be paid beforethe skater can switch sessions.
Session changes as a result of a skater graduating into a higher-level program will not incur a change session fee, but the difference in program fees must be paid before the skater can switch sessions.
- “Make-up” sessions are not factored into program fees. A skater cannot skate another day to make-up for a missed session.
- Scheduled club events (e.g. test days) are calculated into program fees and therefore not considered a missed session.
- In cases of inclement weather, check PCSC homepage and Facebook page for updates/information regarding skating cancellation and arena closures.
- No make-up sessions or refund will be provided due to cancelled sessions beyond our control.
Please see the program description under “Registration” on our website for current fees. All prices displayed on this website are in Canadian dollars (CAD) and include taxes.
- A Skate Canada fee of $44.00 is required for ALL skaters
- StarSkate Programs + Year-long programs: Intro to Development, Development, JumpStart, Junior Development, Pre-competitive and Competitive: a mandatory $100.00 ADMINISTRATION fee* will be applied at the time of registration.
- Non-home club members will pay their Skate Canada fee with their Home Club and must pay the $100 PCSC Administration fee upon program registration
- Affiliate memberships are available to skaters wishing to retain PCSC as their home club at $85.00/skating year. This covers the Skate Canada and Administration* fee. If you wish to register for an affiliate membership, please contact the registrar at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Non-residents of Mississauga must pay a Non-resident fee of $60.00 per skater once per skating year (Sept. 1stto Aug 31st). This fee is remitted by PCSC to the City of Mississauga on behalf of its non-resident skaters. This fee is not automatically applied. It must be added to your invoice at checkout, if not applied it will be added to your account and must be paid promptly.
*Administration fee covers online registration, website hosting, purchase and maintenance of equipment (e.g. harness), as well as administration and coordination of the programs.
REFUND AND CREDIT POLICY
- The PCSC Board of Directors reserves the right to decide whether a credit or refund will be provided to members when sessions are cancelled due to unanticipated events. Refunds will consist of session fees plus a Cancellation Transaction Fee of $5.00
- Under exceptional circumstances, the PCSC Board of Directors may be required by the Province of Ontario, Skate Ontario and/or the City of Mississauga to reduce the maximum participant number for on ice and/or off ice sessions. Should this occur, the PCSC Board of Directors reserves the right to adjust and/or cancel program registration midseason in order to meet new guidelines.
- Refunds will consist of session fees plus a Cancellation Transaction Fee of $5.00
Refund: money paid back onto the Credit Card used at the time of payment on the website.
Credit: a Port Credit Skating Club “gift certificate” which is applied to the member’s account to be used on any future purchase with PCSC. It is valid for any family member on the account residing at the same address. Credits expire 2 years after the date of issue. Credit unused after 2 years will be applied to the Port Credit Skating Club Bursary Fund. Should membership with the Port Credit Skating Club be terminated for any reason, any outstanding credit becomes null and void.
- Up to one day prior to the programstart date, refund consists of the program fee(s), Non-resident fee (if applicable), Skate Canada fee* and less the Withdrawal fee. Refunds will be issued onto the credit card used to complete the registration. *Skate Canada fee is non-refundable if the skater has already skated the Fall program.
- From the program startdate, NO refunds will be given. Credit will be given for prorated program fee(s), less the Skate Canada fee and Withdrawal fee. Prorated program fee(s) will be calculated from the date of the written notice. Credit is not provided for missed sessions or registrations occurring after the program start date.
- A credit may be issued for medical reasons only once the Club receives a written document requesting a credit due to lost skating time which consists of 4 or more consecutive weeks and accompanied by a Doctor’s note. Credit may be given for prorated program fee(s) less Skate Canada fee. Prorated program fee(s) will be calculated from the date of the written notice.
StarSkate Programs + Year long programs: Intro to Development, Development, JumpStart, Junior Development, Pre-competitive and Competitive:
- Up to one day prior to the StarSkate program start date: Refund consists of the program fee(s), Non-resident fees (if applicable), Skate Canada fee, Administration fee and less the Withdrawal fee. Refunds will be issued onto the credit card used to complete the registration.
- From the StarSkate program start date: No refundswill be given. Credit will be given for prorated program fee(s), less the Skate Canada fee, Administration fee, and Withdrawal fee. Prorated program fee(s) will be calculated from the date of the written notice. Credit is not provided for missed sessions or registrations occurring after the StarSkate program start date.
- A credit may be issued for medical reasons only once the Club receives a written document requesting a credit, due to lost skating time which consists of 4 or more consecutive weeks and accompanied by a Doctor’s note. Credit may be given for prorated program fee(s) less Skate Canada fee and Administration fee. Prorated program fee(s) will be calculated from the date of the written notice.
PCSC 2020-2021 fees:
Skate Canada Fee
StarSkate Administration Fee
Cancellation Transaction Fee
Declined Payment Processing Fee
Change Session fee
Skate Canada Duplication Registration Administration Fee
Skating privileges will be withdrawn for non-payment of fees.
PAYMENTS can be made on our website by credit card only.
INSTALMENTS AND PRORATING (All Programs)
Instalment payments will be available and are recommended. At the checkout field "Payment Option" select "Pay by Installments" below your total $ invoice amount.
- Instalment payments are available and recommended due to the unpredictability of the current COVID situation. At the checkout field "Payment Option" select "Pay by Installments" below your total $ invoice amount.
- Weekly prorating will begin after the first week of sessions.
ADMINISTRATION fee will be prorated in January.