The Port Credit Arena opened in 1959.
Ice was rented privately each Saturday and lessons were taught by Ellen Burka. Two years later, Rosemary Forbes and Rosina Peckham formed a skating club. A charter was drawn up in accordance with the Canadian Figure Skating Association guidelines and in 1961 the Port Credit Figure Skating Club became a reality.
Today, over four hundred girls and boys enjoy skating at the Port Credit Figure Skating Club.
The Club continues to be a non-profit organization sanctioned by Skate Canada and operated solely by parent volunteers.